Xantia won't lower to intermediate high

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cc101

Xantia won't lower to intermediate high

Post by cc101 »

Hi all, still learning a great deal about Citroen hydraulics especially from you guys. I have a question about it! When the car is in normal ride setting and I raise it to intermediate high it rises fine, but when I put it in service high and then back to intermediate high it just stays at full height, it will go down to normal though! Any thoughts.

Thanks all,

Chris.
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia won't lower to intermediate high

Post by CitroJim »

That's normal :roll:

Intermediate high is just there for decorative purposes only :lol: I've never known it work as you might reasonably expect it to on any Xantia I've known...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
cc101

Post by cc101 »

Cheers for the quick reply Jim, was waiting for about 10 mins thinking it should lower back!

Chris.
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

CitroJim wrote:That's normal :roll:
Intermediate high is just there for decorative purposes only :lol: I've never known it work as you might reasonably expect it to on any Xantia I've known...
Interesting. On the green estate, Intermediate does work in that it is (just) measurably lower than Service High - more at the front than the back and I too have noticed that it's a little lower if going up from Normal rather than down from High. I've always put this down to sticky high corrector mechanisms - one of those jobs I keep putting off as it's not essential.

If I needed to use Intermediate on a more than very infrequent basis, I'd start by giving both height corrector mechanisms a real overhaul, and if there then wasn't enough suspension travel on bump, I'd be tempted to do the mod that involves increasing the corrector slot length (by 3mm?).
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)