2008 C5 sat nav

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

knobby25
New User

2008 C5 sat nav

Post by knobby25 »

Hi all I own and and love my 58 plate C5 exclusive from its extreme comfort. Ride and abundance of toys. My only niggle is I have the original sat nav that has the fitted phone that I believe was fitted to earlier C5 models All 2009 upward models have the sat nav with Bluetooth does anybody out there know if ny sat nav can be upgraded to the newer versions with Bluetooth and if so any dealers/radio suppliers that might sell and fit the newer sat nav version if this is achievable it would be so much easier than px my car for a newer model plus it seems all newer C5s out there for sale do not have such a high spec as mine
Here's hoping
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: 2008 C5 sat nav

Post by Trainman »

The simple answer is yes it can be exchanged or a different unit, however, the difficulty is actually being able to get one, they come up very rarely, although they do come up. There are a couple of things to bear in mind, firstly, the unit will need to be coded to the car, and this can be done with a Lexia (I think - I say this because I'm not sure if the Lexia supports the new C5).

Secondly, the cost of the units in the UK can be expensive, I would suggest looking on http://www.ebay.fr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and see if somebody would be willing to send you one. the only other thing is to check out the breakers, most breakers don't put this sort of thing on the internet (for some strange reason) because it needs to be coded to the car.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php