Xantia Central Locking (again)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

flygirl757
My Cars:

Xantia Central Locking (again)

Post by flygirl757 »

Xantia 1994 1.9TD

Would one of you extremely kind and gallant readers please sit in an eartly model Xantia and tell me if the central locking also works by pressing the PASSENGER door button thingy as mine isn't working and I think that door may be the cause of my central locking problem mentioned in an earlier post. Key fob has not worked for years and have been using the key but when I lock it now it springs open immediately. Only way to lock it is to hold the driver's door button down from inside, manually lock the back doors and climb out via the passenger side and locking that door by pressing the button down and shutting the door. Only problem is the boot stays unlocked. Thanks a million. I WILL get to the bottom of this without having to dismantle the whole car (with your help, of course) - lol. Michy
1994 Xantia 1.9TD
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Central Locking (again)

Post by Mandrake »

Yes the passenger door also operates the central locking. (rear doors do not)

Each door has a switch in the lock that detects whether the door is locked or not, after the central locking is operated to lock the doors the ECU monitors the state of the door lock sensor switches, if any one of the 4 doors reports that it is not locked, the central locking then unlocks all the doors again about a second later.

This is for example used so that if you attempt to lock the doors while one is still open it will immediately unlock again.

If the passenger door lock does not trigger the central locking to operate, this is also probably the door that is causing the central locking to keep unlocking the doors, as the ECU will think that this door is failing to lock or has been left open. You'll need to check the mechanical and electrical operation of the switch in the door.

In the mean time the only way you can lock the doors is to remove the fuse for the central locking, then you can lock the rear doors from inside, the boot with the key (Series 1 cars only, which have a key hole there) and the front doors with the key. (or passenger door from inside before getting out then drivers door with the key)

Inconvenient, but at least you can lock the car securely until fixed! We had to do this on my Dad's Xantia for a while when it had a very similar problem.
Last edited by Mandrake on 16 Sep 2012, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
flygirl757
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Central Locking (again)

Post by flygirl757 »

WOW! Mandrake. THAT was fast. Thanks a million for your reply. I'll tell my bf tomorrow ans he can get to work - lol. Thanks again x
1994 Xantia 1.9TD