Xantia heated seat wiring help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mirafioriman

Xantia heated seat wiring help please

Post by mirafioriman »

Now the speedometer is up and running it's on to the next electrical issue :)

I've now got a pair of heated seat switches and some of the wiring. The question is what goes where? Helpfully lots of the wires are the same colour :roll:
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia heated seat wiring help please

Post by CitroJim »

Basically, the only ones you need to get the seats fired up are the two thick yellow wires connected to a positive supply via a 40A fuse and connect any green ones with a yellow band to earth, There should be at least one thick green/yellow band that ends in a ring terminal.

The multitude of thin wires go to the seat heater controllers that live in the centre console oddment tray.. No need to connect them just to motor the seats.

You must be able to motor the seats in order to be able to fit them. Without being able to move the base along the rails all of the mounting holes cannot be exposed...

Here's the diagrams:

Seat Control Circuit

Seat Control Harness

Seat Control Locations

Seat heater Circuit

Seat Heater Harnesses

Seat Heater Locations

That lot should get you motoring with a warm bum!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Thanks.

I've already got the seats in and running it's just the heaters that need doing as I've only just aquired the switches :wink:

lankytim
My Cars:

Post by lankytim »

How did the installation of the heated seat rheostats go? I'm just doing the same with my Xantia, the loom for the motorised seat was already there and just plugged in, however the loom for the heated cushions is missing, at the moment I just have the switches and about 10 inches of chopped loom from a donor car.
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

I bought after this another set of switches complete with the full wiring loom for the electric/heated seats. Wiring was therefore easy with the complete loom going in although I did remove the unnecessary wiring (in my case) from the loom such as the wires for the airbags and associated ECUs.

From memory there was only one or two live wires and an earth to wire up. Much more complicated if the switch wires have been cut I guess though.