blocking diagnostic's

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

blocking diagnostic's

Post by citronut »

i was talking to the guy at the CX/M/XANT Ralley who was selling new old stock from the back of a very shinny XANT,

he works for a citroen dealer in London, dont recall his name or the dealer he works for,

he was telling me the latest diagnostic device ( Diag box ) has to be conected to the internet and the technician has to log on before he can access any diagnostics,

this sounds to me like all the software is at PSA central and you would have to be a dealer to gain access :shock: :evil: [-X

he also says if they require technical assistance they have to go through a long list oftests and checks on the vehicle before sending an email to there tech help desk, then they have to wait usually days for a response, and if they have not fully checked through the list before hand the tech help desk might just blank or say we can offer no further help on the help request in question
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: blocking diagnostic's

Post by DickieG »

That's been standard practice for several years by many if not most manufacturers Malcolm, Diagbox is the name of the software that's replaced Lexia, I believe you can still operate Diagbox without connecting to the manufacturer it just means you won't get the latest software updates.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH