Exchange turbocharger Peugeot 806 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Abdi Siregar

Exchange turbocharger Peugeot 806 HDi

Post by Abdi Siregar »

Does anyone know the possibility to exchange the oem turbocharger of Peugeot 806 HDi with Variable Nozzle (VN) turbocharger + ceramic ball bearing type, the objective to have turbocharger active at lower RPM where the result more tourque. Where the reference data could be reviewed?

Thank you.
dieselnutjob

Re: Exchange turbocharger Peugeot 806 HDi

Post by dieselnutjob »

wouldn't be easy because the fixed geometry turbos are controlled in a different way to the variable geometry ones
from memory lack of vacuum causes a fixed turbo to not produce any boost whilst on a variable one it causes over boost and the ECU has to limit the engine to 3000 rpm to stop it blowing up
Abdi Siregar

Post by Abdi Siregar »

Sure will need remapping the ECU, we can do it here in Indonesia, many technician or hobbies can do it. Does anyone has the garret turbocharger table for conversion purpose?
fynnbar

Post by fynnbar »

Doubt you will find a ball bearing VNT in the size to run a standard 806. Ball bearings are normally reserved for the larger high power petrol turbos.
You can fit 360degree thrust bearings to the smaller units, which is an improvement. Something like a GT1752V would be a good unit, with enough capacity for a strong remap.
Bear in mind that you will have to make a custom adapter, as there isn't a bolt-on turbo upgrade option for the 8v DW10
2004 Dispatch 110 HDi