New C5, Half my horns gone.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lynnzer

New C5, Half my horns gone.....

Post by Lynnzer »

Half my horns gone.
That isn't any statement on my virility.
Yep, my two tone horn on the new style 2008 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive is using only a single horn now and it sounds bloody awful. In fact I had occasion to pip at a Merc (Lady driver hands on a mobile phone) that just decided to pull out of a side junction without any warning.
She didn't even turn her head. Probably didn't hear the horn as it sounds so naff.
I can't see where it is under the bonnet though.
I can't sound it and hear where it is at the same time as my arms just aren't long enough.
So, can anyone let me know where it is so I can investigate replacing it.

I also have a leak somewhere in the Aircon system but haven't been able to track it down with dye. Will have to work this out later and as winter's on the way isn't an immediate problem.
It has 108000 on the clock now so aren't unhappy that a few things seem to have reached the point of replacement.

My wife wants to trade in but to be honest the car is full leather, 18" alloys, all the mods and cons and still looks new. The new DS5 doesn't click me into action as it lacks the same level of comfort on the suspension, lacks the boot room as the Tourer model I have, and who wants to spend £30k when it may just cost a grand or two a year to replace things that go wrong in what I already have.
The trade n value is well down due no doubt to the mileage but if anyone told me I could buy a C5 with all the things on it that this one has for a little under £5000 I'd snatch it off them. Says it all really!!!!!!
Anyway, the horn...