C5 Estate tailgate window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hswift
My Cars:

C5 Estate tailgate window

Post by hswift »

OK, so I've taken delivery of my year-old C5 estate and can't for the life of me work out how to open the tailgate window. The manual talks about 'moving the control' but that means nothing to me. Is it a mechanical job (moving the black barrel around)or electrical (there seems to be a switch on the underside of the black barrel)? Any help gratefully accepted.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

youll probably find it needs a new glass or switch,it just opens in the same way as the tailgate by pressing the black switch under the wiper arm.take it back to the dealer for them to check out.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

A guy I work with has a C5 estate as a company car. He couldn't open the glass window in the tailgate. He took it to Citroen. Its a known fault. They haveto send off for new parts. Is your car under warranty ?
Cheers, Kev
hswift
My Cars:

Post by hswift »

Thanks for the replies. I got the switch working intermittently over the weekend, but it's hardly ideal. I'll go back to the dealer and we'll see what excuses they find to wheedle out of the three-year warranty.
hswift
My Cars:

Post by hswift »

It needs a new tailgate window, as predicted. It'll be doen under warranty, no questions asked.
hswift
My Cars:

Post by hswift »

It needs a new tailgate window, as predicted. It'll be done under warranty, no questions asked.