Synergie problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SkyWelder

Synergie problems

Post by SkyWelder »

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and located in Dublin, Ireland and looking for help in the following on a 2000 2.0 Citroen Synergie (Evasion) HDi 1997cc 7 Seater:
1. What type of speed sensor is required? There are two types one on the flywheel and one of the gear box i believe.
2. Where can i get a engine bay fuse box for same?

I cannot seem to find one anywhere, it seems the engine bay fuse box shown in the car manual differs from the one on the actual engine bay fuse box cover. So at some stage a previous owner had put the incorrect fuses into the engine bay fuse box and this caused a very small part of the box to burn. They may have thought that the fuses in the engine bay matched the diagram in the car manual supplied with the car, but did not realise the engine bay fuse box cover has a diagram on the underneath.

If anybody can point me in the right direction i cannot afford dealer prices.

Thanks SkyWelder
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Synergie problems

Post by wheeler »

SkyWelder wrote: 1. What type of speed sensor is required? There are two types one on the flywheel and one of the gear box i believe.
Depends what function its for, need to be a bit more specific what you are talking about. The one in the gearbox is a road speed sensor & is used for the speedometer & the ECU, the one on the flywheel is the engine speed/TDC sensor & is used for the rev counter & the ECU. There is also a wheel speed sensor used by the ABS system for measuring independant wheel speed.
SkyWelder

Post by SkyWelder »

Hi Wheeler, The actual speedo is not working but the milometer is working fine. Having to use sat nav which shows the speed i am travelling. Thanks
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

SkyWelder wrote:Hi Wheeler, The actual speedo is not working but the milometer is working fine. Having to use sat nav which shows the speed i am travelling. Thanks
That suggests that it's the clock that's faulty not the sensor, probably the usual clock stepper motor broken.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
SkyWelder

Post by SkyWelder »

To Gibbo2286 - Spot on clock stepper motor needed replacing now the speedo is working fine again. Just got to fix a coolant leak now.