Headlights 2005 C8 2.2 hdi Exclusive - Relocating to France

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rhop
New User

Headlights 2005 C8 2.2 hdi Exclusive - Relocating to France

Post by Rhop »

Hi, I've taken the plunge and moved the C8 to France. OK many might argue that a French car in France stands no chance but i'm trying to debunk and understand a few myths ...
1, Headlights - woefully the car has Xenon headlights. Some searches on the net say this will be fine, some say swap them for French units (at 700Euros each), some say that the BSI can be told the car is LHD and that the headlights will adjust accordingly - I say - i'm confused!
& 2, Headlights - you notice a theme?! If the only option is to drop French units into the car (and there's a ebay buy coming up!) cant i just tell the BSI i've got standard units on the car and put them back to normal, reasonably priced, still work in the dark, Halogen units?
Any contributions or insight gratefully received .. it will be a darnsight cheaper than buying a Euro pair i'm sure!
Cheers Richard
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Headlights 2005 C8 2.2 hdi Exclusive - Relocating to Fra

Post by xantia_v6 »

You can't change the lights from RHD to LHD with the BSI, the optics are different. You can change to Halogen by reconfiguring the BSI.
My advice would be to find a pair of 2nd hand Xenons in France. Try searching http://www.leboncoin.fr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for peugoet 807 phare.
Rhop
New User

Re: Headlights 2005 C8 2.2 hdi Exclusive - Relocating to Fra

Post by Rhop »

xantia_v6 wrote:You can't change the lights from RHD to LHD with the BSI, the optics are different. You can change to Halogen by reconfiguring the BSI.
My advice would be to find a pair of 2nd hand Xenons in France. Try searching http://www.leboncoin.fr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for peugoet 807 phare.
Hi - Thanks for the reply. I'm actively searching for a pair of Xenon's (LHD) but they're daft prices - across Europe!
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone knows how complex the downgrade is from Xenon to Halogen - I have a Lexia link to the BSI and Halogen lights are a fraction of the cost of per pair of just one of the Xenon's. Any views?

Cheers Richard