Strange key problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

molar

Strange key problem

Post by molar »

I have a replacement remote plip key cut and programmed etc.

Problem is the key buttons will lock all doors but and will open all the doors except the drivers door which forces me to manually use the key!! defeats the object of a remote somewhat . Have tried the five second key press sequence several times with no change. Tried resetting BSI and Lexia 3 shows no faults.

Advice appreciated

Regards

Chris (molar)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Strange key problem

Post by spider »

Although highly unlikely, it is possible to code / set them up so the initial "open" signal only opens the drivers door (anti hijack) and another press to open the others ? , I've had a non PSA car like this.

If its that (again unlikely) it may think that's already 'unlocked' so ignores it.

More likely does it work with another remote key if you have one ? , I'd be checking the solenoid is actually connected if possible, Lexia may or may not pick up a fault with it, if its there and plugged in but not doing anything rod-wise it may not be able to tell...

Just a random thought.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

What car is this on ?
Unless this is a fairly late model citroen I doubt this has anything to do with the remote, It's likley to be one of two things, either a faulty door latch/motor or its connection or a broken wire in the loom between the body & the door.
What happens when you try to auctuate the locks using Lexia ? do they all operate normally then ?
molar

Post by molar »

It's on a Xara Picasso 1-6 petrol (2002).

It's very strange. The remote locks all doors and boot and then opens all doors and boot except the drivers door. However if I lock the doors with the spare non remote the remote key then opens all the doors once but then fails again!! I noticed when I try to open the car with the remote I can here the solenoids click but the indicators do not flash - haven't got another remote to test it. Will try the Lexia diagnostics to see if this can lock/unlock all doors.

Chris
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The Xsara Picasso is not programable for independent lock & unlocking as far as im aware. I highly doubt this has anything to do with the remote, the BSI just needs to see the lock or unlock signal from the remote then it deals with the lock auctuation, it looks like it must be seeing this as the other door locks work.