There and back again

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

There and back again

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi Folks,

This is nothing exciting but a quick post on the pleasures of driving a hydraulic Citroen on some lovely roads. At the weekend I went to a wedding on the other side of the Pennines, so it was a brisk drive through the edge of the peak district taking in Hathersage, Bamford then Ladybower, over the Snake Pass, down into Glossop for a slow moving traffic jam followed by a very slow crawl up Mottram hill then a fast blast along the M67,M60,M56. The last few miles taking in some lovely Cheshire scenery. It was a very pleasant drive in the sunshine followed by a nice lunch then the wedding. Outward bound it took 3 hours, coming home just 1 hour 55. Apart from the lack of cruise control I'd say it was the ideal car for such a journey. The way such an old car wafts along still amazes me. Maybe a V6 would be nice...

Steve.
not applicable
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: There and back again

Post by CitroJim »

I've got to say Steve, as a wafting machine the XM certainly takes some beating :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...