False low coolant warning - Peugeot 607

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

R9UKE
My Cars:

False low coolant warning - Peugeot 607

Post by R9UKE »

My 607 is doing my head in with it's warning chimes.

With almost every journey, there'll be a sudden BEEP at some point and a "Cooling circuit fluid level too low" message. The coolant is sitting perfectly at the maximum mark and remains there constantly. Does anyone have any ideas where the sensor is? Perhaps it just needs a good clean.

It's a great idea that it has a coolant level sensor (if it worked properly). It's something Renault always overlook but I reckon it's pretty essential in the slacking maintenance world we live in [-X

2.2 HDi Auto - 2003

French is best.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: False low coolant warning - Peugeot 607

Post by Citroenmad »

I cant really help as im not sure where it is, though it must be in the header tank somewhere.

I didn't know you had a 607 and a diesel one at that! I like 607s, should be a V6 though! 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE
My Cars:

Re: False low coolant warning - Peugeot 607

Post by R9UKE »

Yes Chris, couldn't resist the opportunity to cross another off the list, despite the shame of lifting the black pump.

Very impressed - I'd forgotten how much I like Peugeots. So many gadgets in the car and it actually drives really nicely. The auto box makes the diesel bearable - I don't want to get used to seeing 42 MPG on the trip so I doubt it'll be a permanent member of the fleet. I know I definitely want a 607 V6 though. The Avantime and Laguna are providing enough V6 entertainment for me at the moment though :)
French is best.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If it's on the header tank, order a new O-ring before removal of the sensor for cleaning. Truckwash detergent and a toothbrush should do fine.