Service Citroen Micro Fich in posts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Service Citroen Micro Fich in posts

Post by citroenxm »

As title really, how DO you get the Micro Fich break down pictures out of service citroen, and into Topic posts...

I tried it earlyer with no Avil...

Thanks in advance
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Service Citroen Micro Fich in posts

Post by CitroJim »

Windows or Linux.... Make sure the window displaying the fiche is active (in focus) and then press Alt+PrintScreen. Linux now shows it's superiority by saving an image of the window to your local pictures folder as a .png file. Use an editor to resize it (if necessary) and then save it as a .jpg file.

Windows, being a cruder and less advanced system, saves your image to the copy/paste buffer after pressing Alt+PrintScreen. You then have to open Paint or some other image editing software and then click File and then Paste to copy the image to the image editor. Then, finally, you can save it as a .jpg file and do as you want with it...

No doubt a Mac or an I whatever it is has some even more convoluted and bizarre method of achieving the desired end result...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

It IS that much of a Papffff...... goodness me...

Oh well, thats win-doze I guess...

Thanks Jim.

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

CitroJim wrote:Linux now shows it's superiority ....Windows, being a cruder and less advanced system.........

No doubt a Mac or an I whatever it is has some even more convoluted and bizarre method of achieving the desired end result...
I couldn't agree more. =D>

As a broader comparison of Linux v. Windows, I'm writing this on a s/h Thinkpad laptop that arrived with fresh install of Vista Pro on its 160Gb drive. As I sometimes need Windows, I split the drive into 2 x 80Gb: Partition 1 being the original (but shrunken) Vista installation, Partition 2 being a native Linux (Ubuntu) installation. Vista takes over 3 minutes to produce a usable Desktop but Vista Ps about doing various bits of housekeeping for another 2-3 minutes slowing everything down. In contrast Ubuntu boots in about 80 seconds. Vista takes longer to come out of sleep or hibernation than Ubuntu does to boot, it also falls over in some fashion once in a while. Ubuntu has never (on a number of PCs) crashed on me and it can access files on the Vista partition (but not vice versa as Windows doesn't recognise non-Microsoft disc formats). Like for like (Firefox, Thunderbird, Open Office) Ubuntu is noticeably faster to load and use than either XP or Vista. Linux can breath new life into an older PC that struggles to perform under the burden of Windows bloatware.

If you ever need to recover data from a damaged/corrupted (i.e.Windows) drive, Linux is the environment to use - the US Air Force has produced some amazing recovery software.

Best of all both Linux and a huge range of application software is ALL ENTIRELY FREE (absolutely no catch). =D> =D>
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)