Sump Drain Plug Washer Part Number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kafkaian

Sump Drain Plug Washer Part Number

Post by kafkaian »

Does anyone know the GSF part number for this save me going to a Citroën main dealer?
Been to GSF Birmingham and they just give me any old collapsible copper washer but I know the real thing is a non-collapsible metal washer with an inner flexible rubber flap/ring. Mr Haynes likes us to change this everytime but the last one I threw away looked as it would re-seal again.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

If you don't like the GSF part - you better stick to Citroen then.
- but honestly - it does'nt mean the slightest....
cheesey

Post by cheesey »

hi.
got myself the proper copper washer today (along with a water jet) from the cit garage.
My one had a slight ridge in middle and cost me 65p.
I had tried using the old one. Now a large puddle of oil needs to be cleaned from drive and not to mention hassle of draining oil again.
94 1.9td sx xantia 170000miles
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

If you don't like the GSF part - you better stick to Citroen then.
- but honestly - it does'nt mean the slightest....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font size="2">I know Anders it's absolutely pathetic of me, but I just prefer the real thing. If all else fails, I'll not relinquish my little finger to Citroën and get GSF's next time I'm there</font id="size2">
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Well -
Different opinions are free, accepted & tolerated [8D]
- thanks god for democracy [;)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Um, very confused.
Well the only Cit sump washer with a rubber bit in it is the TU engine one for the AX, ZX etc. The XU engines all use a collapsable copper item, 16mm > 1993 and 14mm there after.
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

Said it before, will say it again...if you re-use a copper washer you MUST ANNEAL IT before you refit it. Copper work hardens very easily, and unless you anneal it it probably won't seal. If you do anneal it then you can re-use it many many times.
To do this hold it in a gas flame (cooker will do) until it is cherry red, then cool it quickly under the tap.