Citroen dispatch 2000 1.9 d help needed!'

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rednip1203

Citroen dispatch 2000 1.9 d help needed!'

Post by Rednip1203 »

Hi 
I have a really annoying fault with my van! It's a 2000 1.9 Citroen dispatch non turbo just straight diesel .  Had it for over a year with no problems until a month ago. I had been out in van parked it and returned half a hour later to find it would not start. Everything working ok all lights on etc just turning over but not firing. After a few try's it started and ran fine. Did the same again a few weeks later stalled then just refused to start then after a while taking key out it  just started. A week later did the same thing only with no stall just would not fire up!!! Got aa out this time but when he arrived it was running again!! He said if it does it again pump the primer under Bonnet . So the next day drove 300 miles to go on holiday all fine spent a week in Wales driving in van constant stop start then 300 miles back all fine!!! Stopped ten miles from home and van refused to start!! Pumped primer started!!! Got home all fine the next day started fine when out in van turned it off was away about a hours wouldn't start!! Called aa he check it out still not starting he said it was fault on immobiliser/stop start solenoid but he didn't pump primer much. Anyway it just started again!!! So booked it in to garage and they just started van every  hour for 2 day but as it started every time they said they couldn't check solenoid and told me to collect it!!     Now I have changed air filter fuel filter and looked for anything obvious but to no avail!! 
Now I  am worried to use it as don't want to break down again! Self employed and need it sorting out! 
Any help would be great!! 
Thanks 
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Citroen dispatch 2000 1.9 d help needed!'

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

were are you located

my Xant was doing similar till i got fed up and removed the imobaliser from insude the armor on the back of the fuel pump, then ran a switched live feed to the shut off solenoid
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
mendedit
My Cars:

Post by mendedit »

Next time remove the fuel cap and try, could be blocked tank vent.
Worth ruling out first before spending any dosh on it.
The world is full of them and a lot are in
Rednip1203

Post by Rednip1203 »

Hi thank I am in Sheffield have been quoted £400 to remove and bypass stop start solinoid as all pump assembly has to be removed and anti tamper plate drilled out. Some one has suggested crank position sensor could be at fault? It's starts 99 times out of a 100 and runs fine it's so intermitant it's a real pain! Thanks again
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i removed the armor from my Xant pump in situe, fiddly but it can be done, once you find all the shear bolts and the hidden ones
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years