Diagbox and C5 2003

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kimmoh
My Cars:

Diagbox and C5 2003

Post by kimmoh »

Hello,
I have got an annoying problem with the Lexia I recently purchased from eBay. I think it is V47 and comes with Diagbox 6.01 plus Diagbox 6.15 upgrade patch.
I followed the seller's instructions for activating the Diagbox application. A mistake, I guess. The activation code he provided was not correct and I managed to find a working one from another forum. (The diagbox is activated by applying the patch that overrides the activation so that it can be activated with a dummy code, discussed somewhere else on this forum already).
So, I got the SW activated and plugged the box in the C5. After selecting the C5 Series one from the vehicle selection menu the system correctly reads the VIN number. A solenoid inside the analyser clicks and also the connection icon in the Diagbox turns green momentarily. After that I get the selection of the application where I select Lexia (I have tried the other options as well) after which it askd for the RPO code that is found on the sticker on the a -pillar. After that a sort of red-yellow nasty looking dialog window pops up. the Text is all in French (the Diagbox is set to use English!) but Google kindly translates the error being something about lack of connectivity.
For me it seems that the Diagbox can communicate with the C5 but when it switches over to Lexia it cannot communicate at all. Or does not even try as I do not hear the solenoid inside the Lexia analyser box to click.
The profile is set to 2FFFFFFF and I have also tried profile 1FFFFF. No difference.

Just for sake of experimentation, I selected the new model C5 from the selection in which case it does not use Lexia but stays inside the Diagbox. Now the SW at least tries to communicate with the car. The solenoid clicks but of course it cannot interpret the data it gets from the car as I presume the protocol for the new C5 is different from what the 2003 model has got.

Any ideas?
kimmoh
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox and C5 2003

Post by kimmoh »

I installed Lexia v345.13 and tried that instead of Diagbox. The result is exactly the same. Only now the error message is in English.

"The data passed from the portal is incorrect
Please check your configuration"

Has anybody seen this before.