Turbo enquiry 206 1.4 hdi not working?????????

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Turbo enquiry 206 1.4 hdi not working?????????

Post by avamotor »

Hello French Car Forum Members,

Right I have had this car for a few months sorting the problems as they have either concerned me or as i could sort them and recently discovered that the turbo does not appear to be working.

I have 3 turbos before this (Citroen Xantia diesel auto, 406 hdi) and did'nt have problems with those and you hear the turbo working, however I have been listening recently and cant hear the turbo and the car does seem flat.

I have removed the plastic hose on the side of the turbo and it does spin freely so I reckon the turbo has the facility to run, but where and what to check next?

I suspect the EGR valve may be ceased as I cannot push the level across (that connects into a level which runs inside the exhaust manifold) with engine running or stopped, I still need to check the pipework that runs to this valve and to the solenoid (and also check this too).

if the pipes appear to be okay how do you check the solenoid? is it just a case of connect live and earth and listen for a click?

How do you "test activate" the egr valve to operate the lever mechanism?

or have i got it all wrong!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
fynnbar

Re: Turbo enquiry 206 1.4 hdi not working?????????

Post by fynnbar »

Well, you have a boost-actuated wastegate on this, so very little else is going to influence tbh.
Check the short hose running from the turbo compressor housing to the wastegate actuator (split, loose or fallen off).
Then check that the actuator works. A bicycle pump can often mimic boost quite well.
2004 Dispatch 110 HDi