Xantia leaking hydraulic pump - For the record.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kered

Xantia leaking hydraulic pump - For the record.

Post by Kered »

I'm an avid reader of the forum and when I found a copious quantity of LHM under the car in the vicinity of the pump I immediately suspected the feed hose. Not so. It turned out to be that the pipe that the hose is connected to on the pump had become unbrazed! The hose, and pipe, could be moved freely in and out!
Noticing the prices of pumps almost equal the value of the car I came up with a solution which is holding up so far. Idle the engine so as to prevent the LHM from oozing out, apply copious quantities of degreaser aerosol. (some is bound to be sucked into the LHM via the leakage channel, but hey it's this or a new pump!) Apply screwfix polyurethane wood adhesive. This stuff will stick anything to anything! and it is chemical resistant. Don't be fooled by the wood moniker! If you don't know Screwfix, then it's time you did, www.screwfix.com and I have no connection whatever apart from being a happy customer of them and GSF.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hehe an unlikely use for wood glue but hell if it works it works.
Can vouch for Screwfix myself, am a long standing customer and boy are they fast at getting the clobber out.
Dave