C5 2011 hydractive problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigbang001

C5 2011 hydractive problem

Post by bigbang001 »

Dear friends,
Its my 1st post here.
Its about 8 month that I bought this car and i love it,
But About 1 week after i bought this new car i sow oil leakage under the car.
I took the car to citroen dealer, they checked and told me its Lds fluid which is leaking from string wheel, so they changed the string wheel box and leakage gone.
But after a week i found that i cant put the car in highest position, i took the car again to repair shop they found that the level of lds fluid is low so they add again 1 liter of fluid, after 1 week again level of the fluid went low, same problem and they again added 0.5 liter. They checked every thing and there was no leakage. They told me maybe during changing string wheel air went to hydraulic pipes and it is exiting slowly thats why lds fluid level goes low. They again added about 0.5 liter.
After that the level of fluid didn't go low but the suspension was not acting like before and the car was not as soft and comfort as before, specially in street holes. But i was tired of going to repair shop, after 7 month I found again fluid level is little bit low.
So i took again the car to workshop. After i told them that since last time the car's suspension is not as comfort as 1st day since last time one of their mechanics told me last time i came there they changed the setting of suspension from the default setting and they will set it again to default setting so it will be soft again.
After 1 day they told me car is ready but still its hard and they also didn't add fluid and said the level is ok!
I think they are lying about reseting the suspension setting to default.
Please help me how can i reset the suspension setting to default my self?
what you think about lds fluid level which is going low without any sign of leakage?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatak (IOS 5.1.1)
hdi_man
My Cars:

Re: C5 2011 hydractive problem

Post by hdi_man »

does your C5 not have a button to switch between "sport" and "comfort" mode. the sport mode make the suspension a bit firmed but it is still soft. The comfort mode is very soft and floaty, ideal for rough roads.

I too had leaking fluid and they replaced the suspension pump I think

to change settings yourself you will need Lexia
bigbang001

Re: C5 2011 hydractive problem

Post by bigbang001 »

Thanks for your help
Yes it has the sport switch but it is off & should be comfort but its not :(

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatak (IOS 5.1.1)