Xantia door mirror (manual) - and low-lifes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xantia door mirror (manual) - and low-lifes

Post by RichardW »

Some low-life jumped on my car over the weekend and stove the windscreen in and knocked the driver's mirror off (serves me right for going to Edinburgh I suppose!).
Anybody got any tips for refitting a manual door mirror, or anybody got one stashed away they want to pass on (for an appropriate exchange of beer tokens)?
Situation not helped by my 'breakdown' company deciding that as it had not actually broken down they would charge me £70 to get it relayed home so Autoglass could fit a new windscreen. Grrrrrrrrr, not very happy (or rich) this morning!
Richard
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

Just out of interest, which "breakdown" company are we talking about? give us a clue ;-)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Green Flag, but through my insurers Prudential, so I think it's the Prudential bit. Complaint letter going to CEO as soon as I get a receipt for the money. Glad I was in Edinburgh, and not, say, Manchester!
Richard
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichardW</i>
Situation not helped by my 'breakdown' company deciding that as it had not actually broken down they would charge me £70 to get it relayed home so Autoglass could fit a new windscreen. Grrrrrrrrr, not very happy (or rich) this morning!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Stop! Won't Autoglass come out to you? Got an AA membership? I think there's a discount.
Commiserations about the vandalism. I had somebody doing a John Travolta on one of my cars a long time ago ("Grease" I think was the dancing-on-car-roofs movie, dammit), and it cost me a fair bit to get the roof hammered out. I found myself wishing that the lowlife had put his foot through the glass sunroof, it might have left him with a reminder. And I'm not normally the vindictive kind.
Hope you get it sorted, anyway.
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

...and to think I thought it was only Brum which suffered this disgraceful behaviour. Over the weekend a neighbour had her car jumped on so that the ns door mirror was smashed and the roof caved in. As a celebration, they urinated over the bonnet and left their "shandies" on the roof and in another neighbour's garden. It seems it doesn't matter where you are these days which is all the more galling when you aspire to live in a "better" area, pay the extra costs and still have to suffer the mindless thugs in the process. When my Xantia was new, the jealous/malicious fraternity couldn't help but key 4 or 5 lovely great canyons through the paint work. After that I just couldn't be bothered and left them, so for the last five years they could walk past and boast to their mates. Hopefully, these idiots might've matured into adulthood leaving any reminder as an embarrassment to be deeply embedded on their psyches.
Bad luck Richard, hope they get their retribution.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Jesus christ, where do you all live...! wherever it is i aint going![:0]