Lexia session required central Scotland

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HaydnR
My Cars:

Lexia session required central Scotland

Post by HaydnR »

Hello
I have a C5 2.2 hdi 85000 miles. I have owned it for just under a year. I 'm getting poor fuel consumption 32 mpg on the school run which I was disappointed with but reading through posts seemed about the norm. What concerns me is on a motorway run I was only getting 35 mpg at a steady 70 mph. Top end speed and acceleration also seems to be lacking for a 136bhp car high speed driving is giving 25mpg. My previous citroen was a xantia 110 hdi which gave 60mpg on a run and pulled like a train. I'm more concerned about the poor consumption than speed.
I have put some comma diesel injection cleaner and wynns egr cleaner through the system, I have removed the egr valve and checked operation, replaced intercooler which had a slight leak with one from the breakers.Changed the maf sensor with one from the breakers which turned out to be far worse than the original. A slight whistle is heard from the turbo with the windows open, I presume this is normal?
I would like to run a lexia on it to see if there are any faults showing, there is obviously something wrong. I'm also considering removing the dpf and would appreciate it if anyone who has the equipment to make the necessary ECU adjustments could assist. I live in Fife.

Haydn
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Lexia session required central Scotland

Post by myglaren »

You might try cleaning your MAF with carburettor cleaner as a first step. Be very careful with it and do not touch the wires in it.

After that I'd suggest that the EGR could be clogged or that either the EGR or swirl valve actuator is faulty.
There could be a vacuum leak in the relevant hoses or the diaphragms.

The whistle from the turbo may in face be a vacuum leak and all hoses and the intercooler should be checked for leaks. A very tiny hole or split is sufficient to upset the whole system.

There are several threads scattered around that deal with just the problem you are experiencing.
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

myglaren wrote:You might try cleaning your MAF with carburettor cleaner as a first step. Be very careful with it and do not touch the wires in it.

After that I'd suggest that the EGR could be clogged or that either the EGR or swirl valve actuator is faulty.
There could be a vacuum leak in the relevant hoses or the diaphragms.

The whistle from the turbo may in face be a vacuum leak and all hoses and the intercooler should be checked for leaks. A very tiny hole or split is sufficient to upset the whole system.

There are several threads scattered around that deal with just the problem you are experiencing.
Thanks for the reply

I've had the MAF and EGR off cleaned and checked.If the swirl valve actuator is the part with the rod and ball linkage then that opens when the engine is started and moves again once the revs are increased so presume that is working. Should there be no noticeable noise from the turbo? I shall inspect further.

I have spent hours lurking on this and other forum and have read every related thread several times over. The acceleration of the car is not what I would say is poor but does'nt seem as good as others describe but the top end and fuel consumption are definitely wrong.
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I can never hear any noise from mine and when I did it turned out to be a bearing failing :(
Could be my audio range is poor as others seem to hear them.

Re: The Lexia diagnostics you inquired about and I missed completely :oops: , there is a thread with a list of members prepared to read other member's cars and their approximate locations, also a Google map showing the locations.

Follow this link.

A diagnostic session could prove invaluable in tracing the fault, especially the live data.