FAP/DPF removal Scotland?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tigerryes
My Cars:

FAP/DPF removal Scotland?

Post by Tigerryes »

Hi could do with a little help. I'm looking for either someone in Scotland that has the software/cable to remove the fap/dpf from my 2002 2.2 hdi C5 for a reasonable price, i can physically remove the items myself or what i need to purchase to do it myself, ie, software and cable etc. any help would be greatfully recieved, thanks in advance.
2012 Peugeot 3008 2.0 hdi
Tigerryes
My Cars:

Re: FAP/DPF removal Scotland?

Post by Tigerryes »

Bump...must be someone able to help please.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Scotland is rather under represented with diagnosticians unfortunately.
Tigerryes
My Cars:

Post by Tigerryes »

So I see myglaren....ok anyone up for a cheap holiday in Scotland with their diagnostic gadgets? ;)
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

Hi
I'm going to de-fap my 2.2 in the near future.I have just bought the galletto cables. I'm also going to invest in a lexia as I'm having ongoing issues. So if you don't get any other offers I may be able to help.
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive
Tigerryes
My Cars:

Post by Tigerryes »

oh great might hold you to that one Haydnr, been possibly looking into buying cables and software for this too but unsure which software to get, lots of mixed views etc. Also would be worried about doing it wrong with the file copying etc. so was looking for advice aswell.
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

If you haven't done yours yet I have just done mine. I bought the galletto lead for altering the map. The 1st lead failed after one upload to the ECU. Buying a second lead proved the first to be faulty. I bought a lexia/diagbox from an ebay seller that lives nearby. It has to be the worst piece of software for installing. Each time you try and install it takes over an hour only to find it crashes near completion, runs out of space, invalid installation. Two very late nights later I managed to get it up and running. It is a very useful tool once running. Tried a Fap regeneration, it ran through the process but failed to produce the black smoke cloud that I was expecting and at the end of the cycle gave me a fap regeneration failed message.
Yesterday I set upon removing the fap from the car. It gave me a harder time than it should have due to the two lower fap bolts having rusted solid to the point that I had to grind them off it then took 2 hours and half a dozen drill bits to drill the studs out. The exhaust clamp also had to be cut off. The fap was'nt too bad to knock out , several holes made with a foot long 15mm masonry drill loosened it enough to knock through.
No huge difference in performance, maybe a fraction more power and 1 mpg (34mpg) on the A road school run. Will be interesting to see if performance has been improved on the motorway.
Tigerryes, if you haven't bought the kit yourself you are welcome to do the necessary with mine.
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi Tigerryes,
Sorry, can't offer physical help but can concur with HaydnR - I bought a Galletto cable from eBay to do the de-fap and it worked no prob first time, had similar probs with exhaust fittings but no great drama, I think I did it all one Sat morning. Done about 5k+ since.
You'll need to google Ecusafe or find someone to send you a de-fapped (and de-egr'd if you want) file. If you get hold of Ecusafe it's straight forward to do. You just upload from car using Galletto, run the prog through Ecusafe to modify it and then just download back to the car.
Same results as HaydnR, mpg improved a little and it seemed to rev a little more freely. Mainly though I'll never need to buy any fluid.
I'll see if I've still got my modded prog and can post if you want.
Note: I've been advised on the forum that more software work should be done by a Lexia, but I've had no probs so far (but I too am also open to any advice).
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
Tigerryes
My Cars:

Post by Tigerryes »

Right i have bought kwp2000+ and someone has changed the file for me but i am not sure if its correct or not, haydnr how did you change your file? I need to remove fap and dpf.
thanks
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

I used ecusafe to modify my file. Doing it myself I knew it had been removed. The galletto software shows in the information that the HW/SW numbers are the same as original but the checksum has altered proving a different file. FAP/DPF are the same thing. I've been studying winols and may venture into modifying the maps at some point in an effort to improve mpg.
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Blimey! What's FAP/DPF? Galletto?
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

FAP stands for 'Filtre a Particule', which is French for particulate filter.

In other makes of car, it's sometimes called DPF, or diesel particulate filter.

Galletto /KWP200 are interfaces that plug into the diagnostic socket to enable reading and writing of the map file to the ECU.
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive
Tigerryes
My Cars:

Post by Tigerryes »

so haydnr, if i send you both my original file and new file you think you could see if its been changed properly? :)
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

Sure, i'll pm my email.
'02 c5 2.2 hdi exclusive