C5 Built in Phone - Anyone use it?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hamster99

C5 Built in Phone - Anyone use it?

Post by hamster99 »

Hi All
My Exclusive has the built in phone function and I just wondered if anybody used it and whether it is any good. Alternatively does anyone connect their phone with bluetooth and do all the phone functions work like the voice control.
Thanks
Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Re: C5 Built in Phone - Anyone use it?

Post by mooseshaver »

I've used mine once (RT4) and the quality seemed good. I don't have the bluetooth.
Would like to try it out more but of course car still at Main Dealers.
I've had to use a Pay as you go sim, but once car is back my employers are going to get Orange to send a second sim with the same number as my company phone. Until then I have to redirect the calls.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Estately
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 00 Xantia 2.0 HDI 90 bhp Estate 237k Gone to New Home
07 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive Estate 211k. Gearbox selector failed.
10 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Auto Exclusive Estate. Px'd
13 C5 2.0 HDI 160 Manual Exclusive Tourer.

Post by Estately »

Hi Rob,
I can recommend the C5 built in phone, the hands free is excellent with good quality sound – both transmit and receive.
I used a pay as you go Orange SIM and registered their Magic Numbers with people we call frequently (if they are on Orange that is).
It has been telling me lately on start up that the SIM card is full and rational actions do not seem to clear the message.

It also has a Nokia blue tooth kit and I would say that the transmit is not quite as good as that built into the car, it has a separate microphone, and uses the car speakers.

My phone has a Sat Nav with more up to date places of interest than the car and by using the phone on blue tooth it will talk you to your destination whilst you can see the Citroen map on the car’s display.

We also discovered that by plugging into the S Video? In the car glove box it will play off a camera onto the screen plus sound over the speakers, only while stationary though - simple things ...........

I'm guessing that you could install a camera for reversing if that's your thing.

Andy.
If it can happen it will.
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

Thanks Andy,
Generally I want it for phone use so i am going to ask o2 for a second sim to use in the car as don't want the hassle of swapping it in and out of my phone.
I thought the video inputs in the glovebox were interesting too. Had thought about whether it would play a DVD to keep the wife amused on long journeys!!
I also read somewhere that there is an MP3 input but I haven't been able to find one in the car as yet, although I haven't pulled the radio front out yet.
Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

The DVD function won't work on the main screen once the car reaches 20mph (this has something to do with the driver becoming distracted) the other way around the phone is to get a PAYG sim and just divert the calls from your phone after say 3 rings, thus you keep your sim in the phone. the down side of this is that it may affect your package as the minutes you talk could be deducted from your contract. I use Vodafone on the handset and Tesco mobile in the car.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php