HDi Engine cover mountings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

HDi Engine cover mountings

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hi All,

this post is actually about the Berlingo, rather than the Xantia for a change. Does anyone know how to repair or replace the little posts that the engine cover sits on? They're similar to the Xantia HDi ones. 2 of mine on the Berlingo simply came off in my hand. They don't look like they'll glue back in place, so I'm at a bit of a loss. The engine cover is kind of resting on top of the motor at the moment, held on by two posts and stupid clips. I'd leave it off but it makes a racket without it!
Northern_Mike

Re: HDi Engine cover mountings

Post by Northern_Mike »

Rattiva_Mike wrote:Hi All,

this post is actually about the Berlingo, rather than the Xantia for a change. Does anyone know how to repair or replace the little posts that the engine cover sits on? They're similar to the Xantia HDi ones. 2 of mine on the Berlingo simply came off in my hand. They don't look like they'll glue back in place, so I'm at a bit of a loss. The engine cover is kind of resting on top of the motor at the moment, held on by two posts and stupid clips. I'd leave it off but it makes a racket without it!
Well, if I'd bothered to look properly in the first place, I'd have discovered that I can buy the posts and clips as a kit for £16 for all 4. My problem now seems to be that the bolt part of the clip is still stuck in the mounting holes, but the rest is missing. Might be time to get the drill out..
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

They unscrew with a 13 mm spanner, don't drill them :)
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Lighty wrote:They unscrew with a 13 mm spanner, don't drill them :)

and mind you wear the appropriate eye protection when whealding the 13mm spanner :shock: :twisted: :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Make sure you remove the cover completely until you replace the mounts, if all 4 mounts & clips are not in place the moving engine cover can pull the oil cap off & pull the dipstick up.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

wheeler wrote:Make sure you remove the cover completely until you replace the mounts, if all 4 mounts & clips are not in place the moving engine cover can pull the oil cap off & pull the dipstick up.
Yes, I have done. I noticed it was pulling the dipstick out already. Thanks anyway!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:

and mind you wear the appropriate eye protection when whealding the 13mm spanner :shock: :twisted: :lol: :wink:
Really? I'm intrigued,or are you taking the mick? Even I can usually wield a spanner without hurting myself..
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Rattiva_Mike wrote:
citronut wrote:

Really? I'm intrigued,or are you taking the mick? Even I can usually wield a spanner without hurting myself..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years