Citroen Relay Van

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

why1966

Citroen Relay Van

Post by why1966 »

Hi all, help required please. My wife has a Relay van she sometimes uses for her business if she has a large job on. (Usually the Scenic is big enough). It had not been used for 3 months and she misplaced the keys. I have had a new key cut by Citroen and sent the yellow imobiliser pack and the key off to be coded. Simples... not. After the pack and the key have been away twice and the company coming down with their equipment and showing me both are coded the same, the van still refuses to start. The yellow key and code light stays on the dash board permanently. We have had the van since new, its a V reg, only done 25,000 miles and doesnt have a straight panel on it. Two minds weather to scrap it or persevere with it. Any one got any advice on what i can try or how to bypass the imobiliser on the Diesel pump. Im ok with a set of spanners and a multi meter but with out understanding how the imobiliser on the pump works im stumped. Its a 1.9 diesel non turbo

Thanks for any help
Bick

Re: Citroen Relay Van

Post by Bick »

check the pump solonoid to see if is being sent a live feed - dont scrap it bloody expensive to replace a van like the relay!

if it was running okay before and you have a live to the pump relay - check to see if fuel is getting to the injectors when cranking - just crack an injector union off.

thats the start anyway.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I think it may have an armoured pump which prevents you getting to the electrics, you can remove it but you have to take the pump off to do it.

Peter
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Peter.N. wrote:I think it may have an armoured pump which prevents you getting to the electrics, you can remove it but you have to take the pump off to do it.

Peter

doesnt this depend on what engine/pump it has,

so what engine and do you know what pump it has,

if its a bit like my XANT it can be de/armored in situe ( fiddly but can be done )

were are you located
and can you post a picy of the back end of the pump
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
why1966

Post by why1966 »

Hi all , thanks for the replys. The pump im told is a Bosch and the engine im also told is an XUD? I dont know if either are correct or not. The pump has a plug at the back of it that has 3 pins on it, Citroen have said it goes to the imobiliser unit in the pump which stops it delivering diesel to the injectors. Ive cracked open a couple of injectors and no diesel on cranking.

There is a fixed cover on the rear of the pump that prevents you getting to the imobiliser gizmo so i suppose as some one said its an armoured pump. Is there any way of putting a feed on to it just to check that its that causing the problem before I go to the ball ache of removing the pump which doesnt look a simple job?

There isnt a feed on the fuel solonoid, but there shouldnt be if the imobiliser isnt dis-arming?

Pic of pump below
pump 2.jpg
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you can actually see the fuel solonoid just connect a lead to to it from the battery and it should work.

Peter
why1966

Post by why1966 »

Peter i can see the fuel solonoid but the pump has an imobiliser gizmo on the back of it which you cant get to with out taking the pump out and having some knowlage of whats going on with it! Thats where the problem is at the moment.

Any further sugestions?

Cheers

Darren
Bick

Post by Bick »

A test lamp the type with a spike on the end so you can pierce the wiring insulation to get a connection looks the way forward from the photos.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you wont see the stop solenoid as it will be in behind the immobiliser which is behind the armour,

and no im sure you cant jump it with the immobaliser in circuit
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years