Mis Behaving HDi Sorted!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Mis Behaving HDi Sorted!

Post by citroenxm »

My Xantia HDi started misbehaving a month or so ago, when I noticed soooo much extra cranking over was required hot or cold to get her started... Sometimes she would turn soo much I really thought she was not going to go!

However, with some trips comming up I needed to get this sorted and make sure she is reliable. I changed the Fuel Rail pressure sensor, so change, and out of interest the Cam sensor... Still the same. So the only other thing related to Fuel Pressure was the "Pressure Regulator" sensor on the end of the engine Pump (Or fuel rail pressuriser pump)

However, invetween changing the Rail pressure sensor I then developed a random cutting out DEAD FLAT problem.. Only be pulling over leaving the key off for a moment and then restarting she would go after a god few turns..

Tonight I changed the Pressure regulator sensor, and this solved the starting issue, and allows a smoother idle and better starting. However, the cutting out was still there.

There was only one thing for it... NO, you've NOT guessed it, its NOT the fuel tank low lift pump! ........

It was....

:-D
. :)

The TUNING BOX! :shock:

I disconnected the Tuninng box after a couple of runs down the road with Parameter Readings on the LExia. When the Fuel pressure went to 900psi and above it cut out...

Normal service has resumed, but Ive not looked into the box to see why this has happend all of a sudden.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto