xantia hdi estate rear boot actuator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taffyrhys
My Cars:

xantia hdi estate rear boot actuator

Post by Taffyrhys »

Hi all

My central locking actuator for the rear boot on my xantia estate is playing up and i've cleaned it, plus the linkages and checked the connectors, so i supect its on its way out as the car is 11 years old with 182k on the clock. Sometimes i have to turn the key in the door several times to get it working.

However Maplins sell a actuator kit for £8 or £9 and was wondering has any one fitted one of these and is it easy to fit without to much hassle as a new one is £25?

Also does anyone knows if there's a universal bump stops for the rear suspension arm or one that can fit from another car? :P :P :P

Happy olympics

Cheers

Taff
neil123
My Cars: 2001 Xantia 110 Hdi Forte estate - owned from new.
1984 2cv Special
Various modern crap!

Re: xantia hdi estate rear boot actuator

Post by neil123 »

Hi - I've done this on mine.

The Maplins 2-wire activator definitely will fit and is still working happily several months on - but it will require a new screw-hole drilling in the GRP inner panel for one mounting self-tapper, and you'll need to cut off the connectors ad solder the wires because the connectors aren't the same. It LOOKS different at first sight but the throw, pull and mounting centres are perfect, so its just that one hole to drill (because in essence its the 'wrong way up' and would pull at the wrong angle if you use the original hole.

Its not dificult - probably harder to describe than to do, although be aware that re-sealing the heavy duty plastic liner (membrane doesn't do it justice!) in the tailgate will require some non-hardening mastic (eg silicone sealant). If you don't do it, it WILL leak.

Cheers - hope nthat helps.

Neil
Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Re: xantia hdi estate rear boot actuator

Post by Taffyrhys »

Thanks for the information>

I'm off next week so will have a go at changing it then & let you know how it went.

Cheers