Lexia, u.s.b not recognised?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tommy309

Lexia, u.s.b not recognised?

Post by tommy309 »

Hi guys, went to use my Lexia today on a guy in works car, but when i plug in the interface it comes up usb not recognised, the green led flashes 3 times when plugged in initially which i think means theres a fault? I tried all the usb ports, i tried a different computer, i very carefully took the cover off the interface to have a look, had a good look, all looks good in there, no water nothing burnt or loose etc. Has anyone else had this problem before, i was thinking it could be the little 6 inch usb lead that joins from the computer to the interface?

I should mention i have had it working several times before, so its installed correctly etc just started messing about today, thanks very much for any help at all.
Tommy
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Lexia, u.s.b not recognised?

Post by myglaren »

Did you try all the USB ports?
If the Lexia has been installed using one particular port then sometimes the computer won't recognise it on a different port.
tommy309

Post by tommy309 »

yeah i tried them all, i might buy a usb to interface lead tomorrow and see if that fixes it but i doubt that it will lol
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I had this with mine, though the green light was on and not flashing with mine but the cmputer would not see the USB. I had to reinstall Lexia and it solved it, it had worked many times before but seemed to pick up a glitch.

It seems you must plug in the USB lead before turning on the laptop, otherwise it won't see it. That is the case with mine anywya.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
tommy309

Post by tommy309 »

yeah, now that you mention it i remember the one in work doing the same, ill try both of those, and if not i was thinking i could try the one in work on my laptop and mine on it to see if its a hardware problem, Thank you!