Bosch solenoids

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Bosch solenoids

Post by spider »

How much difference is there in these, is the "throw" different or is it the thread / end fitting ?

My current one has the module 'cap' on it, temporarily attached with a pair of cable ties :oops: due to it not wanting to stay on. Unfortunately, the pin is a bit too small to cut a thread into, so I want one with a thread for convenience of attaching an eyelet.

Have already made up a nice lead, soldered / heatshrunk with the ex-module 4 pin plug one end and an eyelet the other. :-D

A look at my tech data for a 106 and a 306 with Bosch pumps shows the following although I've purposely tried to ignore anti start modules, these are just solenoids as best as I can tell:

106f (old) Bosch 168061
106n (new) Bosch 166061 / 168095 / 168093 (increases with build codes)
306f (old) Bosch 19TD 1920z7 early
306f (old) Bosch 19TD 19200j (coded) probably keypad lump ?
306f (old) Bosch 19TD 1920w2 later standard ignition
306f (old) Bosch 18TD 168095 (not a UK model with the XUD7 as far as I know)
306n (new) Bosch 168061 / 168095 / 168093 (goes on build code)

Problem being, if I order one from the factors as I'm not going to the dealer for it due to excess cost, I can see it either having no thread in which case I won't take it or perhaps the throw will be wrong.

I'd rather not take mine out repeatedly if I can avoid it due to the difficult job of fitting ties around it and the pump head to hold it in place. Which reminds me I need to put a blob of threadlock onto two of the pump head bolts now I've replaced with suitable (tensile and the correct length) bolts.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Bosch solenoids

Post by CitroJim »

Andy, I would think, given the distributor head is very similar to the AS3/VP20 that the solenoid would be the same. Lucas pumps have a boggling array of different solenoids but maybe not Bosch.

What size is the hex? I think the AS3/VP20 is 24mm and if yours is the same it should be OK to try one from a VP20/AS3... All of those are have a threaded electrical post.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider

Post by spider »

Thanks. :)

Tis raining at the moment :oops: but I am sure it looks the same as all the others, looking at for instance the pump pics on your site it does look the same unit.

I'll see what the factors has to offer later, my part numbers so appear to indicate in most cases its the same for Bosch for both the TU pump and most of the XU pumps too.
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

To cut a long story short, factors were not helpful but Ebay was, got a 0330001015 which appears to fit most VE pumps, works fine with the new plunger too. Spent a while making a new soldered / heatshrunk lead up with correct fittings / plug too so it looks tidy. :)
Andy.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff Andy :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...