No heater blower no air con switch light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimmydod
My Cars:

No heater blower no air con switch light

Post by jimmydod »

I have read loads of threads on the forum concerning this problem. My car is a 2000 2.0 HDI the problem has been a little while in coming fan would blow intermitantly and then gave up on Friday. All the accounts I have read on forum dont seem to come to a happy end they just stop. Is there any diffinitive accounts account as to how to tackle this problem that I can follow. For starters how do you remove the fuses so you can check connections several accounts tell of burnt connections at the fuse holder?. Hope someone can help car is in far too good a condition to part with.

Regards Jim
jim the geriatric
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: No heater blower no air con switch light

Post by CitroJim »

Jim, I think this thread contains all there is to know and it also links to David Hallworth's thread on the same subject with a happy conclusion.

A good read of both and especially David's should yield the solution :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jimmydod
My Cars:

Post by jimmydod »

Hi all took felt covers off and pulled plug from blower motor, with engine running no voltage on any lug to motor either to earth or between connectors. I have 14v at fuse 21 and the fuse that supplies the contactor (relay) feel relay click (the green left hand back one). Now completely lost!!!!

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards Jim
jim the geriatric
jimmydod
My Cars:

Post by jimmydod »

Hi all, Have reread all the posts that were so kindly pointed out to me. I feel it is posible that the feed from fuse 21 to aircon switch that has failed. Could anyone tell me how to pull fusebox down I can get it about 18mm down before the wires stop any more movement downward or am I being too cautious and need to adopt a more brutal tug downward. Also how can I get at the aircon switch as the panel appears to be part of the dash, cannot find any screws or clips. I wish to do
The dim light on the A/C switch that everyone thought was neither here nor there turned out to be the cause of the problems.

Kind Regards to all Jim
jim the geriatric
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nope, you don't want to do a more brutal tug Jim. Doing so will lead you to a real world of pain.

The only way to get to the other side of the fusebox is to have the dash out due to how the loom runs to it.

Sorry...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Duracell
My Cars:

Post by Duracell »

Jim - Does it have climate control or manual air conditioning? - if climate control, before you remove the fusebox make sure the blower speed control which is mounted in the heater ducting in the left side of the the drivers foot well is OK. I had similar symptoms on my wife's C5 i.e. no blower,no air con light, and other intermittent control problems - the problems were completely fixed by repairing a dry solder joint in the socket on the speed control unit. HTH

Regards

Richard
jimmydod
My Cars:

Post by jimmydod »

Hi Richard,
yes Xantia has climate control, will check that out, the thoughts of removing the dash board fills me with horror and so thats what I would have to do to fix wire from fuse 21 to air con switch. Many thanks and kind regards
Jim
jim the geriatric