C5 REAR ELECTRIC WINDOW

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

C5 REAR ELECTRIC WINDOW

Post by acrowot »

Just bought a 2001 C5 110 SX it does seem to be a very nice car but has a couple of small faults. The nearside rear electric window does not work on stripping the door car off the window is off it's runner, the runner has a hole in it ant the window also has a hole in it, I assume something should pass through these two holes to connect them together, the runner does drive up and down with the switch, does anyone know what should fit in these two holes. Also on taking off the card I had to disconect two plugs one from the speakers and one from the switch but there is one more plug that I did not disconect that is in there with two wires in it any ideas whether it should be connected.
TIA
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: C5 REAR ELECTRIC WINDOW

Post by Peter.N. »

There should be a plastic peg of some sort, I got a secondhand mechanism for mine before I had taken the panel off and found the problem and it didn't have one with it, I couldn't find the offending peg anywhere in the door and as the panel had not been off I assume it must be there somewhere.

Anyway I looked for something the right size to be a tight fit in the metal part and came up with a 1/2" MDPE pipe insert which has a tapered end, it was a bit of a tight fit and wouldn't go all the way through consequently it eventually fell out again so I shall replace with another one that has been sanded down a bit, you will need to shorten it from its original length.

Peter
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Thanks Peter, I have a feeling that there are two components used to secure the window to the riser but not sure.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I would think there probably are, one that pushes through the holes and another to keep it in there but one which is a tight enough fit should stay.

Peter
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I do have a Lathe and I can make any sort of bolt or pin from a piece of nylon but my Grandson who has to do the doing now says the hole, I don't know which one is not round but oval. I have a rubber fitting that I think came from a Xantia window that is sort of oval shaped and it looks like it is meant to be pushed through a hole compressing as it goes to open out when through the hole and then possibly a further fitting pushed into it to keep it in place, but there again I could be wrong.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I,m sure it shouldn't be to difficult to bodge something up, I had thought of using a nut an bolt but it would have to be sleeved with plastic to make it fit properly so I opted for a plastic insert of almost the correct size. If you had a piece of tube that was slightly to small it could have a hole drilled and a pin put through. I shall do a better job next time.

Peter