Fit Cruise Control to a Xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xsarahdi

Fit Cruise Control to a Xsara

Post by Xsarahdi »

I've been wondering if it is possible to fit cruise control to my Xsara. I've seen various pages and websites that makes it seem possible. I know I'd need to buy the stalk and program with a lexia (I've already got a Lexia). The only thing I'm a little confused on and doubtful about is the switches on the pedals.

I've read that 2 switches (red & white??) should already be present but I can't see this set up. My Xsara has only got one sensor on the brake pedal with 2 wires coming from it and I can't see a switch on the clutch pedal. Does this mean its not going to work without complicating things?

However on the Lexia before I've seen than it knows when the clutch is pressed & also the brake? Just wanting some thoughts before I go buying a stalk.

Thanks
2005 C3 1.6 HDi 110 VTR
2003 Xsara 2.0 HDi 110 SX
1999 306 1.9 TD Meridian
1996 ZX 1.9 D Elation
charentejohn
My Cars:

Re: Fit Cruise Control to a Xsara

Post by charentejohn »

I don't know about the genuine Citroen ones but I have, in the past, fitted a few aftermarket ones to my cars.

Usually the aftermarket units have magnets and a sensor to fit to the driveshaft with a control box to operate the accelerator, a switch for the clutch and connection to the brakelight switch to disengage. They have a control panel / stalk to fit in the car to control everything.
Best ones I found were electric, as opposed to vaccum type, as you can fit them anywhere and no need to cut into air hoses.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives