206 key matching/remote locking issue after BSI virgination

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greg123
My Cars:

206 key matching/remote locking issue after BSI virgination

Post by greg123 »

I have a 2003 Peugeot 206 CC in which being mainly a VAG man I am not familiar with. It had an engine ecu fault and a corrupted BSI. The engine ecu was replaced with a de-immobilised one of the same part number, the BSI was virginised and the pin code obtained. The car started up and ran right away with no trouble, but most of the functions did not work (eg no rev counter, no central locking, no gear indicator display, all the warning lights on etc). I used Peugeot Planet I went through some sort of BSI matching which involved me entering the chassis number but I don’t recall what the procedure was now as it was a couple of weeks ago. I then went through configuration of the BSI and other units (setting the ABS to MUX, locking to Super etc etc etc) till everything worked, no fault codes were present and no warning lights were on the dash. The central locking works fine and the vehicle central locks from the key in the door or the switch on the dash.

Since then everything has worked fine other than that I could not match the remote on the key fob. On further investigation the key fob is working and has a new battery (the vehicle came in with working remote locking) and in the measuring values in the BSI when the key fob is pressed the status changes to ‘Yes’ for ‘signal received from unknown remote control’. But I cannot code in the remote using the ignition on/press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds.

Reading further into this I am lead to believe that I may have missed out a step of matching the keys with the BSI and unless the key is matched it won’t allow the remote to be matched. So I went into the BSI and to the key matching procedure, entered the BSI pin code twice and got to the stage where it said put the key to be matched in the ignition and turn on, it they says ‘programming key/matching key’ or similar and then fails with ‘error communicating with key’ and prompts me to re-start the procedure.

So I think I have two problems, one I cannot match the key and wasn’t aware of this because the engine ECU is de-immoblised and doesn’t care if the key is matched or not, the engine runs. The second problem is I cannot program in the remote.

I did go into the customer options in the BSI and check that the type of remote is set to ‘old style remote, with fog lights’ which according to the help file is correct for a 2003 vehicle. I tried with the other 3 types and when set to any other type in the measuring values the BSI no longer sees an unknown remote signal when the buttons are pressed, but it does read an unknown remote signal when set to ‘old style remote, with fog lights’ so I’m reasonably happy that the comms2000 is reading the remote signal okay and the key is generating a signal.

Does anyone have any advice? Greg.
Tdi VAG mechanic & vegoil converter