98 s2 td xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

modxl
My Cars:

98 s2 td xantia

Post by modxl »

just got dirt cheap xanti td 1998 and there seems to be round hole in the back ov inlet manifold and losing boost from it can anyone shed any light on whats ment to be there as my s1 hasent got it
cheers steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 98 s2 td Xantia

Post by CitroJim »

Got a picture of this hole Steve?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
modxl
My Cars:

Post by modxl »

not yet mate only picked it up today,its as if somethink come out like a bung or a pipe outlet but cant feel any loose pipes around that area,have to have it of to see,blowing a bit of oil residue out of it so not sure what it is as i said my s1 hasent got it or a pipe in that area
steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Umm, I'm wondering if it's the EGR inlet. If so it's at the back of the manifold on the driver's side and should go to the EGR valve proper (on the exhaust manifold) via a metal concertina pipe. They're sods to get at and held in place by a spring clip...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
modxl
My Cars:

Post by modxl »

that might make sense didnt realise that they had one,going to take manifold of at wk end and see if i can sort it out
cheers steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler
modxl
My Cars:

Post by modxl »

had a look at another 98 today the hole in what i believe is inlet not the egr as thats intacked,not sure but feels like it could be below inlet maybe a plastic pipe,until i whip of inlet i wont now but def losing boost out of it
steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler
modxl
My Cars:

Post by modxl »

sorted the problem that round hole was intercooler pipe mounting hole,the pipe was not attach to the turbo what a pig ov a job to get to,but all running sweetly now believe got myself a bargain
steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler