C5 CD Multichanger

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bladerunner2125

C5 CD Multichanger

Post by Bladerunner2125 »

Have just bought my first Ctroen C5 2005 hdi VTR I can see the space and bracket for the CD Multichanger under the drivers seat also the wiring seem to be there for the CD Changer, what model of Changer do I need and also do I need the audio connection cable from Changer to Head unit? is the changer MP3 Compatible? and is this all plug and play or will I need to have the thing enabled by someone with a Lexia?
Citroen C5 MKII 2005 138 HDi VTR
waynedance

Re: C5 CD Multichanger

Post by waynedance »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-04 ... 27bbd668a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does this help as what model is needed?
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
Bladerunner2125

Very expensive for a secondhand changer, I notice the seller mentions code not included but might be needed, are the C5 changers coded?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I thought it would be as simple as that for my 56 C5 VTR too. So I bought the CD changer which fits into the cage under the drivers seat, I plugged in the wire which you will find under there and knew it needed a Lexia session to allow the car to see it had a CD changer. I did all of that and it still didn't work :?

Turns out while they go to the bother of putting in the CD changer cage and the wire from the back of the changer, that wire doesnt actually go beyond the carpet! There is no wire into the back of the radio from that CD changer wire :shock:

Having removed the radio to find this out, I saw th eammount of wires and other bits and pieces for the cliamte control and the general lack of any room and though better about fitting the wire. The CD changer is still under the seat, but im going to take it out and not wire it in. Im going to get, as some point, a X-car-link to allow me to play MP3s etc instead. Still means threading a wire through and into the dash but it will be of more use.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Bladerunner2125

Citroenmad wrote:I thought it would be as simple as that for my 56 C5 VTR too. So I bought the CD changer which fits into the cage under the drivers seat, I plugged in the wire which you will find under there and knew it needed a Lexia session to allow the car to see it had a CD changer. I did all of that and it still didn't work :?

Turns out while they go to the bother of putting in the CD changer cage and the wire from the back of the changer, that wire doesnt actually go beyond the carpet! There is no wire into the back of the radio from that CD changer wire :shock:

Having removed the radio to find this out, I saw th eammount of wires and other bits and pieces for the cliamte control and the general lack of any room and though better about fitting the wire. The CD changer is still under the seat, but im going to take it out and not wire it in. Im going to get, as some point, a X-car-link to allow me to play MP3s etc instead. Still means threading a wire through and into the dash but it will be of more use.
Citroenmad this Xcarlink device does this require a Lexia session also? and how does it funtion with the head unit in the C5 VTR can you use folders for your MP3's or are they just in one long list? the head unit in my 2005 E-Class Merc only shows the MP3's on the CD in list form 1 to 99 per CD, no text or track names.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I dont think id does require a Lexia session no. I put a connects2 into my first C5 which didn't need one.

As far as I know the better X-car links you can operate the mp3 player or ipod from the radio controls. Im not sure if it displays the tracks on the cars display, possibly.

At the moment there is no provision for such use, and having an ipod in the car is of much more use to me than the CD changer. It is either or too as the link plugs into the CD changer port.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Bladerunner2125

Citroenmad wrote:I dont think id does require a Lexia session no. I put a connects2 into my first C5 which didn't need one.

As far as I know the better X-car links you can operate the mp3 player or ipod from the radio controls. Im not sure if it displays the tracks on the cars display, possibly.

At the moment there is no provision for such use, and having an ipod in the car is of much more use to me than the CD changer. It is either or too as the link plugs into the CD changer port.
Citromad thanks for the info thats a really helpful post, I will ask the question to some of the ebay sellers of the Xcarlink and see if folders and lists are available through the C5 Head unit, I really do not want to spend money on a Lexia just yet maybe later if the C5 proves reliable?
Bladerunner2125

Actually I have dumped the whole Idea of a CD Changer and gone for an MP3 FM Transmitter off ebay £9 delivered plugs into the lighter socket and tunes into the FM Radio, no need for all this Lexia mumbo jumbo.