Stuffed C5 2.2 - Questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Stuffed C5 2.2 - Questions

Post by addo »

OK, there is no practical way an outcome of scrapping the car is to be entertained.

I am just the messenger/gobetween in this one; a local car has had a motor swap organised by another bloke I occasionally work for. He sublet it, and now it's come back on a tilt tray. Neither he nor I have confidence in the sublet agent's ability to make good - there was too much friction the first time around (broken stuff they denied).

So, probably, the motor will need to be taken out by myself or the bloke I work for and sorted. It's an autobox. I believe it's had a head gasket failure.

What parts would need provisioning for R&R the head? Local factors will be unable to supply most of it, so it'll need bringing across. I don't want to see it held up because of a lack of shims or seals, that sort of thing.

Thanks, Adam.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Stuffed C5 2.2 - Questions

Post by wheeler »

Unless they were removed doing the engine swap I'd be pre warning the owner that the injectors may be a problem to remove, you cant get the head off with out removing them which sometimes means destruction of the injectors. All going good with the injectors you will need new injector washers/seals & the plastic sleeves for them. Cant think of any other non standard things you would need for the job at the moment.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Thanks; I'll crosscheck the injectors in case there is anything else sold locally which uses them.

Does the 2.2 have precomp chambers with set protrusion, like some earlier heads?

My diesel forensics are poor; I'll be relying on a lot of scrutinising for odd signs of colouring or blowby.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Stuffed C5 2.2 - Questions

Post by Peter.N. »

The 2.2 is a direct injection engine so no swirl chambers.

Peter