XANTIA 2.0i T - fuel injector rail

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ashway
My Cars: Xantia 2.0i T Exclusive Estate

XANTIA 2.0i T - fuel injector rail

Post by Ashway »

I've a serious failure of the fuel system.
I'm looking for a "Fuel injection rail" for a Citroen XANTIA 2.0i T Exclusive Estate (reg. 1999)-petrol;
The Engine number is: HKJ13000384
The Chassis No. VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I understand the Part Number is: 157077.
So far all my searches have been unsucessful
Any help would be much appreciated.
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Xantia 2.0i T - fuel injector rail

Post by andmcit »

Hi, welcome to the forum. I guess you've checked out ebay to determine whether these are the same?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 3a75b9a7b8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-XANTI ... 3cc746463e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xantia-1-8-pe ... 415c7745fe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-XANTI ... 3a7504c874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I needed one on my 1998 Activa (with the same injector rail as yours) as mine
was spewing petrol all over the head!! I'm lucky to still be here...

I'll check my Xantia Activa and TCT Xm to determine if they match some of these images.
You could ask Robert as he always seems to be scrapping every Activa that get's near him:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 27c8212ca6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

One more point worth recounting. When my Activa had this issue,
the replacement I used from an Xm with a similar engine had differing
connection mounts onto the rail with fancy quick release plugs on the
fuel line joints. These were cut off and the normal fuel line rubber
hose end was then securely fastened using decent fuel line hose
clips/jubilee clamps so with a bit of invention adaptions can be made
as the connection onto the injectors was the same.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

None of those rails are the same Andrew.
Ashway, keep an eye on the forum, i will PM you in the morning and let you know if ive got one, pretty sure i have. Do you want the injectors too?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

By the way, very rare car that, only about 20 left in the country!

Surprisingly in 2011 there was only 90 Activae, is that right? doesnt sound like many.

D
Last edited by Deanxm on 21 Jun 2012, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Fair enough, I wasn't saying they're TOTALLY identical but that necessity saw a permanent
fix for my Activa when I bought it. The injector mountings and fastening lugs matched but
the way the pipes fixed didn't match so I needed to adapt the lines to match the older way
of doing things!!

Another that looks damned similar to the one I threw away off the Activa:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400302649304? ... 446wt_1279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're more a wolf in sheep's clothing than an Activa as there's no spoiler etc and estates
aren't quick are they?

Honest officer...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Yes i think thats the later style Andrew, ive got the earlier style steel bar one, mountings will be the same, never fancied the idea ofa plastic fuel rail hovering over the engine myself but it works i guess.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

You know you really don't want to sell it Dean!!
90 eh!? I've got almost 10% of them!!!
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Nope i dont your right, just been out this evening to pick it up from work, festival is on and the roads are deserted, like something out of I am legend, such a good car.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

It's one Hell of a sacrifice Dean, couldn't something else 'give' to allow you to keep the Activa?
Even the Xm's alloys etc could generate a big chunk of cash and you'd STILL have the two cars
which can be reinstated to their optimum best at a later point in time - I can't see you'll get
another like the one you have with it's unique bodywork additions that's all although it's none
of my business really...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Something else can give, the xm. So i get rid of the Activa OR the XM and im not selling that XM, no way. Its no reflection on the Activa its just the xm is like part of the family now and its in great shape (well its in bits at the moment actualy)
And its not about instant cash release its about running costs and lifestyle, for what it costs me to insure the Xant i can insure a little 1.2 something and have the xm on a classic policy at the same time, a little car will be £100 a year to tax and the xant is double that, then of course the big reason, i want a car i dont give a damn about, something i can leave in the multi storey or tescos carpark, a car i can take littlun to the beach in and have covered in sand and ice cream and just have fun in.

My Friend has a Porche Boxster s and he just got his son a Punto, he hasnt used the Porche for weeks and his son hasnt seen his new Punto either because its just so nice to have some tub you dont care about, do you understand or am i coming accross a bit weird? Its all about my automotive OCD you probably wouldnt understand :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

No, I know where you're coming from. If you use something that is very special to you ALL THE TIME,
you get a bit dulled into being "used to using it" and you get a real buzz after a break from it. I know
all about this as it's like having a new car when you do drive it again especially where I drive a Cx
after months of using a Xant or Xm. In a way, years back I voluntarily stopped using a GS as everyday
car as I started getting REALLY spooked at the thought of some almost blind old biddy writing it off
in her Micra whilst parked in Sainbury's as they mean that much to me.
Ashway
My Cars: Xantia 2.0i T Exclusive Estate

Post by Ashway »

Thank you for comments; is it Dean and Andrew?
I too had fuel spilling out all over the place and feel lucky it didn't get more serious!
Yes I've checked ebay over the last week with no sucess.
It doesn't look as though I need injectors (yellow)
You obviously know a lot more about this item than me.
If you can email me on .. ashway@BTinternet.com I can send a picture of the rail; I'm new to this and hope that is acceptable.
I didn't realise there were so few left about; is that why they called it 'exclusive'?
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Yes, we were obviously rather boring when picking our forum names.
The 2.0TCT engine was mainly used in the Activa, its rather rare to have the exclusive tct estate, there were not many about in the first place and now there are, well, about 20 if you believe 'how many left'.
I will Email you in the morning when ive dug my spare out of the shed and you can see what you think, i will check it against my activa first to make sure its right.

Click on my name on the left of this post then 'Send private message' and send me your Email that way, dont leave the address up on the forum you will get all sorts of junk through.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

wwp_al

Re: XANTIA 2.0i T - fuel injector rail

Post by wwp_al »

Hi,

Sorry to start with a problem, but had a major issue with the Activa.....

The fuel feed pipe fractured on the fuel rail, which is a little problematical ;-)

Mine is a '99 Mk2 with the central feed to the fuel rail. Any idea what else these were fitted to, or does anyone have a spare?

The part that actually snapped is the fuel rail end, so I still have part of the pipe still in the end of the quick-release hose-end.

Thanks,
Alan