oil around the injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5Alan
My Cars:

oil around the injectors

Post by C5Alan »

2003 C5 diesel 2ltr hdi with pools of oils around the injectors does this sound like the rocker cover gasket needs replaced or something more sinister???
2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110hp Exclusive only done 218,000miles so just about run in. Family owned from new. Now Sold

2002 Renault Scenic 1.9Dci 111,000miles the new work bus
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: oil around the injectors

Post by CitroJim »

Could be as simple as a duff oil filler cap Alan. Their sealing rings give up the ghost and go all sticky and gooey.

It should be possible to see if it's the rocker box gasket by oily witness marks...

Most H2.0 8v HDi engines seem to have these pools and as long as they're not excessive or quick to fill then they're not much to worry about. Mine has and they never seem to change level or extent...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
C5Alan
My Cars:

Re: oil around the injectors

Post by C5Alan »

just noticed them today when I had the engine cover off if they are common and nothing to really worry about I am gona just leave it alone dont really want more work lol
2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110hp Exclusive only done 218,000miles so just about run in. Family owned from new. Now Sold

2002 Renault Scenic 1.9Dci 111,000miles the new work bus