406 Hdi o/s dip headlamp

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

406 Hdi o/s dip headlamp

Post by Peter.N. »

Thought the bulb had gone- as you do, fitted another still no light, old bulb tested OK. I have a resistance of about 25 ohms from one lead to earth and about 50 on the other, is there a relay for one side - or is it something horrible?

Peter
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 406 Hdi o/s dip headlamp

Post by spider »

From what I see, the relays for it (at 2001) had to guess your build code as its plexed will be in the BSi , have you checked all fuses including engine bay ? , I do seem to think each beam is individually fused, according to that F8 to F12.

See pics, although the plexed diagrams are weird.

These are: Overview / ns light / os light

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Thanks for that Spider, never thought of anything as technical as checking the fuses :oops: In any event they all looked fine, I then found that I had changed the wrong bulb :oops: :oops: I checked the correct one and it had gone, full of confidence I changed it - and it still didn't work. I suspect it has blown a fuse so I am having to take them out one by one and test them, the fuse layout in the handbook bears little on no relation to the one on the car so I am having to go through them all. Kneeling on the concrete with my head facing the wrong direction is taking its toll so I will do the rest after lunch.

Peter
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Have checked all the fuses by removal and testing, all OK of course. I have no continuity from the dip lead on the headlamp plug so the wiring must have gone o/c somewhere, I suspect on the back of the fuseboard but I think the easiest thing to do would be to fit a relay powered by the other headlamp - won't be the first time. :?

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Those 'plexed diagrams look a right 'mare Andy :twisted: they made me choke on my porridge this morning and I'm used to looking at baffling diagrams :roll:
Peter.N. wrote:I think the easiest thing to do would be to fit a relay powered by the other headlamp - won't be the first time. :?
Sounds like an ideal plan Peter :) I hope the 'plexing won't get to perplexed about your plans. If it has any fancy bulb failure sensors it might... Still, at least you'll have working lights and that's what matters...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'll admit I've dragged a feed to another relay to power a light on the other side years ago on an ancient Fiesta although was only a temporary solution.

Jim, I was going to post the one of the internals of the BSi in relation to this but it was far too complex and made me wince just looking at its thumbnail.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

TVs were never like this were they Jim :? Although they probably are now :?

Peter