Xantia car radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

koppite34

Xantia car radio

Post by koppite34 »

Can anyone help how on earth can i get my radio to state enter code on my radio as all i have is those 4 dashes tried drivin for an hour any help please so i can get my radio on doing my head in havin no radio
Thanks
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Xantia car radio

Post by andmcit »

Press and hold the BND button for a few seconds to clear the dashes
but if the wrong code keeps being entered it will take longer resetting
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

When I've had this problem, I usually move the shunt in the fusebox so that power is always supplied to the radio. Can't remember exactly which fuse it is but it's detailed in the handbook. I then just leave the radio switched on overnight, if it still comes up with dashes, leave it on throughout the next day. Bear in mind though that if you go for a drive, the power for the radio is temporarily disconnected when the starter is turning over which resets the timer!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If yours is a MK1 Xantia then the radio code is easy to determine from the serial number... A few of us have the software and if you need to confirm the radio code I'll be happy to check it for you...

Going back to what Kev said about shunts and so on, I can't recall which it is for the radio but if you look at the photo below it's either the very top 20A one or the bottom 10A one, each of which have two alternate positions. The top 20A one in the picture is shown in the alternate position and on the bottom one you can see the slot where it can go into its alternative position.

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...