Xantia rough after belt change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SteveM

Xantia rough after belt change

Post by SteveM »

Hi all, Changed cam belt on my 2000 reg 2.0Hdi and all was going well for the first 20 miles, then she just lost power, I pulled over and though it would idle (roughly) I could not get it to rev without it trying to shake the engine of the mounts.. Have towed it home and cant find anything wrong, Timing rechecked and ok..It will start and idle rough.. I disconnected the wiring from the injector nearest the pump (1 or 4 ?) and nothing happened, when I did this to the other 3, one at a time the engine cut out.. Also with the engine running I disconnected the cam sensor and again nothing happened,.. Any thoughts oh wise ones ? Please [-o<
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Xantia rough after belt change

Post by Peter.N. »

Definitly sounds as though its down on one cylinder, either the injector you checked isn't injecting or you have a loss of compression. You could swap it with another injector, not to difficult unless they are stuck in, that would tell you whether that cylinder or the injector is down, if the problem is still on the same one the operating pulses could be missing, fault in the wiring? If its OK on that cylinder it will be a duff injector.

Peter
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

maybe your cam timing is out slightly and you did not spot this, in which case take the cam cover off and check the tappets are all ok non broken,

if it was running fine before the cam belt change there should be no reason to be looking at anything other than what you have worked on/disconected/re/conected

regards malcolm
Last edited by citronut on 16 Jun 2012, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

SteveM wrote:....all was going well for the first 20 miles......
So logically, either something worked loose after those 20 miles (too far to be a matter of warming up) or it's a nasty coincidence. It's clearly a fault on that cylinder/injector, so don't get side-tracked into looking elsewhere.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)