Xantia V6 stereo question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

speedy88
New User

Xantia V6 stereo question

Post by speedy88 »

Hi all, I have a question about a xantia v6 stereo. As you'll probably know, it came with a full fascia stereo and a 6 cd changer in the boot as standard. However, one that I saw for sale didn't have a cd changer (never said that it did anyway) also the head unit was different from the usual one and had a flap door to cover the head unit. It's a mk2 2000 model. Does anyone know why that is? Also is it possible to change it and add the full fascia one? Thanks.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia V6 stereo question

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome to the forum Speedy :-D Sorry your first attempt at joining us went awry :(

The 'Flapper' wireless was fitted to very late Xantias as standard and I believe it's a different make. I have an example of both in my cars. I know the Flapper in my HDi works with a CD changer but I'm not sure if both types of CD Changer are compatible with each other. Certainly an older full fascia one can be fitted to a late Xantia as the plugs look the same but as I say, I'm not sure about CD changer compatibility... Also, you'd need the full fascia trim to go with it as this aspect of the dash is a little different.

I can find out later by comparing my two...

I only ever listen to R4 in the car and to my ears there's no difference between the wirelesses. Those with more sensitive ears may well say one is better than the other perhaps...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
speedy88
New User

Post by speedy88 »

Hi, no problem I understand about the conditions registering. Thanks for clarifying. My understanding was the flapper was only on older or less specced models. Atleast now I know I could upgrade if I wanted to!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

speedy88 wrote:At least now I know I could upgrade if I wanted to!
yes you can. I've had a check on my cars and the Clarion CD Changers appears to be identical for both the 'flapper' and the full-fascia wireless...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...