Leaking Hydractive 3+ lines LDS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dan_68c

Leaking Hydractive 3+ lines LDS

Post by dan_68c »

Hi all,
I have a petrol 2004 citroen c5 with Hydractive 3+. I bought it from a used car dealer and it has a leak that i am trying to get the dealer to fix. The leak is LDS coming from a line that is just above the right hand side CV joint. I am in australia so steering wheel on right hand side. There are three lines two of which go to the power steering rack not sure were the other line goes but it is the other line that is leaking. Is is leaking from the joint. The 3 lines are wrapped in like a heat shrink as suck. I have added an image of the best shot i have. Does anyone know what line and how i would go about fixing it. Thanks
dan_68c

Re: Leaking Hydractive 3+ lines LDS

Post by dan_68c »

just to add its the small line on the right hand side leaking
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If its the usual pipe 'loom' that leaks on the C5 with 3+ it's not a nice job, if its the one i think it is the other pipe goes to the front stiffness regulator (the thing with the centre sphere). The easisest way to do the job is to remove the front subframe.
dan_68c

Post by dan_68c »

No worries do you have any idea how to fix the leak, do the fittings come loose like a nut and bolt can or will it need special equipment to put in new fittings