Xantia V6 engine same as in Pug 406? including ancilliaries?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave V6
My Cars:

Xantia V6 engine same as in Pug 406? including ancilliaries?

Post by Dave V6 »

Hello,

This is not a wanted ad (I have already posted one of those looking for this part in the 'wanted' section), but more looking for information.

Is the lower engine mount on the Xantia V6 engine the same as the one on the Peugeot 406 V6? My understanding is that they have the same engine, but what about the mounting brackets, etc?

Would the driveshafts be the same? If the drive shafts (and gearbox maybe?) are the same then would the lower engine mount which the drive shaft runs through be the same? If so then I can start widening my search for an engine mount to Peugeot as well as Citroen...

Also, if anyone knows what other models might also use this lower engine mount, please let me know so I can continue to search.

Many Many Thanks!!!!

Dave C.
Oxford, UK.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Re: Xantia V6 engine same as in Pug 406? including ancilliar

Post by jgra1 »

Dave, I would think they are almost identical, save for the HP pump and therefore some aux belt routing..

You should be able to get a secondhand ES9 lower bottom mount easy enough from someone breaking xant, 406, 406 coupe, etc on the bay..

I do have one somewhere, but I kinda wanted to keep it for my v6 as my intermed bearing was knocked to kingdom come the last time I took the engine out..

plus my spare is in somerset ;)
John