c3 aircon problem?

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pazauk
My Cars:

c3 aircon problem?

Post by pazauk »

Hi all, my aircon has not been working at all so got it all re-gassed last week the system now starts up the clutch on the compressor kicks in and the fan on the radiator starts…………….. But then after around 30 second the fan will stop running and the temp readout will read full temp and a buzzer sounds and the aircon turns off it will not start up again until you have turned the car off and back on again. After doing this the car is back to normal as long as you don’t use the aircon! But if the aircon is used on the motorway or at a fast enough speed the aircon will show no faults and work away happily. This must be something to do with airflow.
1) Should the fan stay on when the car is not moving and are there 2 speeds to the fan? Am I missing fast speed or tick over?
2) Any clues to where I should be looking now
3) Has anyone got a good circuit diagram :D
4) Any pointers welcome
5) Oh and I’ve changed the engine temp sensor
Is a 52 plate Citroen c3 hdi 1.4 16v
pazauk
Mr Micawber
My Cars: Citroën C3 auto

Re: c3 aircon problem?

Post by Mr Micawber »

It sounds to me as if your system might have been overcharged. Where did you go? Was the system evacuated for 40 minutes?

The fan speeds depend upon whether you have manual or automatic air con.

Simon.
Citroën C3, 1.4 SX Auto
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

yes sounds like an overcharge or air in the system causing hire trip
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

Thanks for the reply's, the system is working fine now! Been using it when on fast roads (above 60 worked fine) forgot to turn it off after a long run and no fault showed up so no drama's and its happy days :D (in fact it was 4 days ago lol)
pazauk