I'm thinking of selling

An area for all matters concerning the Citroen CX.
User avatar
Diabolical
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 20:08

I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by Diabolical »

I'm thinking of selling this ...........................

Image

is there something wrong with me ??????
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
andmcit
Posts: 4299
Joined: 03 Mar 2005, 17:59
x 30

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by andmcit »

Well yes, it's gorgeous but I guess it depends what you fancy replacing it with or is it just to realise funds...?
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
Citroenmad
Posts: 8125
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 22:08
x 110

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by Citroenmad »

That is stunning, why are you thinking of a sale?
Chris
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
davetherave
Posts: 880
Joined: 01 Apr 2009, 21:06
x 4

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by davetherave »

After the work you put in?????
You crazy crazy man!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
andmcit
Posts: 4299
Joined: 03 Mar 2005, 17:59
x 30

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by andmcit »

Interesting angle at trying to advertise a car mind?
All that stainless tinsel around the windows does make it
look very old fashioned, and as for those wheels...

Well. I can see why you'd want to sell it...







:wink:
OK. So what's the real reason for a sale? Thrill of the chase now over
and looking for a new challenge to conquer?
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
User avatar
Diabolical
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 20:08

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by Diabolical »

The reason for sale
I've spent hours and hours working on it no time to use it. I'm always working.
I need the money for project 2: Turbo 2 Safari, suddenly dawned on me the end cost.
I only have garage space for 1 car, been trying to find one to rent local, however I'm not paying extortionate amounts people want in this area for a leaking hut. £20 week.

I took that and other pictures for the Insurance, they want pics to determine value on Classic Insurance.
I realised what a beautiful car it is now don't want to sell.

Plan to keep until ICCCR and try to flog it there.
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
ella
Posts: 17
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 22:07

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by ella »

thats a stunning cx,personally i think you should keep it and forget the turbo2,,,there again i do prefer the lines and the multi task ability of the safari
User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2511
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 20:19
x 19

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by Citroening »

Diabolical wrote:I took that and other pictures for the Insurance, they want pics to determine value on Classic Insurance.
FYI David (might be a bit late now though) you can get an official valuation done through the CCC if needed...

You've done a lot of work to the car and changed it to how you want it - Cassis Nacre, Leather, S/S Trims, No Mouldings etc.

Keep it, you'll only regret it. All that hard work that you've done to it you'll no doubt have to do all again with the Safari, not to mention the engine conversion...

Saleability obviously depends on what you want for it! Having been colour changed will possibly affect value slightly (you know what the anoraks are like!) and the anoraks won't like certain things but the anoraks are never the ones that buy the cars anyway! :wink: If you do decide to sell, good luck with the sale. :-D
Franklin
User avatar
Diabolical
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 20:08

Re: I'm thinking of selling

Unread post by Diabolical »

I'm thinking I would do PX on a good diesel CX Safari.

My Xantia has a quite a few faults that I reckon would best off road to sort out, then I could use CX Safari for work, my CX TRi Safari is all in bits.

Or low mileage Xantia HDi Estate
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk