Help with code translation please. Incorporated into ECU??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroSwede
My Cars:

Help with code translation please. Incorporated into ECU??

Post by CitroSwede »

I have done a code reading on a -01 C5 2,0 HDI, and it had a permanent fault:
- "Cooling function incorporated into ECU - Consistency between fan unit speed and setting."

I searched on the forum, but i couldn't find an answer what it could mean.
Incorporated into ECU?? Google translate couldnt translate it correctly to Swedish...

Fan unit speed? What fan? :?

Does anybody have a clue?
Citroën Xantia HDI -00
Have Lexia..
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Help with code translation please. Incorporated into ECU

Post by Lighty »

It means the fan Ecu is knackered, it is built into the fan housing and makes the fan run at different speeds depending on temp, probably lost some of the speeds, but usually will still cool the engine unless at extremes
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Dont think a mk1 C5 has a fan 'ECU'. The injection ECU controls the low & high speeds, The BSI controls the mid speed.
This fault code can relate to a few things like the fan motor itself or even just the relay sticking. If the fan relay sticks intermittantly the fan could operate when the ECU is not requesting it hence the fault code.
CitroSwede
My Cars:

Post by CitroSwede »

Thanks for the help!
Interesting about the low & high fan speeds...
One of the fans (low speed) on my xantia is not working, the AC still works fine but the temp light starts to blink when i activate it.
On the C5 the AC doesn't cool. I can hear the compressor turning on when i press the AC button but the cooling fans are not moving.
As i have understood, both or one fan should always run at low speed when the AC is activated?
Maybe the code means that i have the same problem on the C5, that the low speed function of the fan is dead..?
But no warning lights are flashing. If it's similar with the Xantia, the AC still would work but with flashing warning lights...
Strange...
Citroën Xantia HDI -00
Have Lexia..