Recommendations Sought for Fault Code Reader for 2003 C5 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

J.T.Fox

Recommendations Sought for Fault Code Reader for 2003 C5 HDi

Post by J.T.Fox »

Evening all,
I'd appreciate any recommendations for a fault code reader compatible with a 2003 C5 SX 2.0 HDi.

So long as it can tell me the fault and reset the fault codes I'd be happy.

Many thanks,
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Recommendations Sought for Fault Code Reader for 2003 C5

Post by CitroJim »

A very warm welcome Mr. Fox.

A Lexia is what you want. Have a look at the thread at the top of this forum entitled 'Lexia Group Discount through Moderator' There's some good advice there and it is worth contacting the vendor who supplied a number of us as part of a series of group buys. They're highly recommended.

Buying a Lexia can be a bit of a minefield so please do take a recommendation rather than buying the first you see on ebay...

As an aside, both your joining and activation emails bounced as unknown on the email server. Can you PM me with an alternative good email address. Thanks :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

As above, you need a lexia (clone). Other code readers will read generic codes, which you can look up but the lexia is specific to Citroen and will give you much more help diagnosing problems. Be aware though that you do need a windows XP laptop or a knowledge of running windows 7 in XP mode.

I bought mine about a year ago when our 807 (it also does Peugeot's) went into limp home mode stating 'check diesel filter'. Plugged in the lexia and found a live data page which showed the particulate filter differential pressure reading must be wrong. £50 for a replacement sensor plus £100 for the lexia hurt at the time but I wonder how much a garage would have charged.

I've since used it to recode my Xsara keys to the car after I replaced the car battery without following the proper procedure and upset the ECU/BSI. So in a year it's paid for itself. I couldn't have fixed either fault myself with a simple code reader.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Another option is to have a look here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and contact the nearest person to you, who I'm sure would be more than happy to help.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
J.T.Fox

Post by J.T.Fox »

Many thanks to all who have replied