Some v6 1/4 mile times from today

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citrov6
My Cars:

Some v6 1/4 mile times from today

Post by citrov6 »

Didn't win any races, might have come close if my reaction time was better. The car really suffers at launch nothing happens up to 20mph 3000rpm then it starts moving. Think the most impressively geared car there was the nissan 350z must of gone through 3 gears while I was in second gear and just disapeared. Lot of turbo jap cars there with a car club, few european, few muscle cars. Which made it that more exciting to watch and race in. When my turn came I didn't actually make it out of second gear hit the limiter just after the line, me and the v6 did our best though, v6 slightly better than me to be fair my reaction times slowed it down by a second or more. Right side of the track was faster for some reason.

Hope thats readable when you zoom or open it
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Some v6 1/4 mile times from today

Post by Xaccers »

Pic is a bit too small to read.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Xac wrote:Pic is a bit too small to read.
It sure is lol
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

Tried uploading it with photobucket and thats what it did to it. The original pic fills my screen. Where else is better quality for hosting pics with text?

And in summary I did 7 runs fairly consistently

RT 1s
60ft 2.58s
330ft 7.18s
1/8 ET 10.93s
1/8 mph 66.3mph
1/4 ET 16.8s
1/4 mph 83.9mph

4 runs on the left, 3 runs on the right
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff!

Really good to meet you today :-D

And I agree with what you say in your signature. The black and cream looks stunning 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citrov6 wrote:Tried uploading it with photobucket and thats what it did to it. The original pic fills my screen. Where else is better quality for hosting pics with text?
Upload at the highest resolution and post as a thumbnail.
Looks as though you have chosen the avatar upload option.
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

Jim - Great to meet friendly enthusiasts like you, Chris and Xac aswell

Think I got it this time

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Did you leave the gearbox in auto/sport or use manual for any of the runs and if so what difference did it have on the overall time?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

I tried auto and sport. Sport in runs 2,3,5,6 it locked up the TC from rolling off but then you have to wait out the very long first gear to 35-40mph for the power band during which time the car in the other lane made a huge start but after 40mph I started to catch one or two of them but not before the finish line. Possibly on a 1/2 mile I would have won a race or two.
1st , 4th, 7th (those with 16.73s 1/4 were in auto). It allowed the car to launch at over 2500rpm if only it would of locked up the TC completely it would have been an impressive launch but it sort of did the elastic band thing that TC do when they wind up to engage. 1st run I also forgot to put the suspension in sport mode so you can see the difference pitch makes perhaps.

In summary
sport mode suspension always helps
sport mode auto gear box only helps once the car is moving on country roads/ circuit track days
auto mode seemed better for launching at the lights and shifted fine, might allow you to hold the brake and some rpm if your brave enough to do that to your gear box, I was pretty careful though.

Slightly related I had a similar TC in my buick actually it had two angles for the blades so that it would engage at 1800rpm or by switching at 2800rpm. It was a really clever design really actually changing the angle of the blades and did work in practice, '60's design. Different and probably better than the on/off/on/off/on of the clutch in ours...
Wonder if 6sp auto from v6 c5 or c6 would mount up with out much problem... electronics would be a bugger though.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

I reckon in a manual you'd drop that time down to high 14's, reaction times will improve with some practice! Few more traffic light -gp's required! :-D
Can't remember what the bx16v's made in std trim, but know one of the guy's who's running a few choice mods around 175+g180bhp beat some V12 7series beemers when he was et santa pod on a rwyb day! They took it very well and genuinely interested in the car too!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

those 2.0 16v were insane though :D

think the torque converter makes it difficult to launch it right, have to to wait for it to wind up, on the last run i tried the foot brake and 1100rpm just to wake it up a bit from idle, but its so complicated i didn't want it chewing up the clutches or anything... what is needed is programming access to the gearbox... then fun can begin

Thanks for your comments :)